Chief Wilson began his career in 1981 as a firefighter and paramedic in the small coastal community of Port Lavaca about 2 hours south of Houston, where he reached the ranks of Senior Captain and Fire Marshal. He went to work for the Village Fire Department in 1994 as a firefighter and rose through the ranks of Engineer/Operator, Lieutenant, Captain and retiring in 2018 as a Deputy Chief. While at the Village he also served as an Arson Investigator and Fire Inspector.
Chief Wilson joined the Willowfork Fire Department when it began in January 2003 as a shift Captain. In late 2003 he was named Interim Fire Chief, and in 2004 the position became permanent.
Chief Wilson’s certifications include:
- Graduate of the Texas Fire Chiefs Academy
- Master Firefighter
- Master Arson Investigator
- Master Fire Inspector
- Level II Fire Instructor
- Driver/Operator – Pumper
- Fire Incident Safety Officer
- Fire Officer II
- Head of Department – Suppression
- Emergency Medical Technician
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Commissioned Peace Officer (Retired)
- Associate Degree in Fire Science and Safety, Houston Community College